- Download iOS 7 Beta from developer.apple.com > iOS Downloads (You need to have iOS Developer Account with Apple to get there) Protip: Use Safari on Mac, if possible. For whatever reason, when I used Chrome on my mac, it would just direct me to 'maintenance' page, which said 'We'll be back soon'.
- Open up the downloaded dmg and extract the .ipsw file on to your desktop
- Launch iTunes & Connect your iPhone (Supported models iPhone 4, 4S, 5)
- Click on your device name and make sure to back it up (on iCloud)
- You can also do a backup on your iPhone using Settings > iCloud menu.
- Once done, click Option Key (Alt key if you are using PC keyboard) and click Restore on iTunes
- On the File Picker window, click the Desktop on the left and choose the extracted iOS7 file
- All in all this takes about 5mins.
- Once completed, it will try to activate. Your phone needs to be registered in the iOS Dev Portal.
After using iOS7 for a week, I rolled back. I worked out most of the annoyances but Google+ kept on crashing and I do use Automatic Backups for my pics. So, I can't wait for months to get it all sorted out.
Here are a couple of notes:
- Updates did not work always. Your would see them but clicking update would not do anything.
- Although I backed up everything to iCloud, most of the settings for apps did not come back I had to enter username/pwd for many apps as if just installed.
- Google Authenticator was one of the apps where I lost data and I had to move all 2 factor authentication accounts using 'moving to new iphone' menu. Facebook two-factor authentication is easy to move as well.